13 Ways to Bless Missionaries Without Paying for Postage
Here are 13 post-office-free ideas to get you started, most of which you could do right now from your desk:
- Pray specific Scripture for them and their ministry, and then email it to them.
- Call or email their parents—Christmas might be just as lonely for the ones at home as the ones away.
- Purchase phone minutes for an international calling card through an online service like OneSuite and email them the account number.
- Donate frequent flier miles to them.
- Purchase an iTunes gift card for them. Have it sent to you and email them the account number.
- Commit to pray for them on a specific day of the week for a year.
- Write a song or poem or story for them. Email them the text and a recording of you reading or singing it.
- Get friends and family together to create a holiday video greeting for them using Google Video or YouTube. Include lots of people you know they miss.
- Make a year-end gift through their missions board or agency.
- Western Union—the fastest way to send money.
- Call their local florist (not everyone is in the jungle these days) and have flowers delivered, or their local Pizza Hut and have pizza delivered—with corn and shrimp as toppings!
- Donate to a charity that means a lot to them.
- Make a monthly commitment to support them financially.